This week is all about tapping into the sounds that surround us everyday! There are many sounds around our homes we get so used to that they pass us by, but we can do so much with them!
Your task this week is to make a soundscape that Sounds Like Home.
1. Listen to the sounds within your home; is this the dog barking? laughter on phone calls or maybe the sound the microwave counting down?
2. Use a voice or sound recorder to capture 30 seconds worth of different sounds.
3. Add in an image to your soundscape: this could be a video of you sitting very still looking at the camera, moving your body to the sounds, or perhaps doing different facial reactions to the sounds.
4. Merge your image and soundscape together.
5. Upload to the Barking Gecko Theatre website.
Check out the tips and tricks for more ideas!
Think of other ways you could create an interesting image to accompany your soundscape!
Perhaps you might like to draw what the sound looks like. Close your eyes, listen to your soundtrack and let your pencil take you on a journey. Is it smooth or rough, loud or quiet, low or high? What do these sounds look like as shapes?
If you have any questions or need some assistance, please email us at [email protected]