Children everywhere are spending a lot more time with their parents than usual right now and this week we would like you to turn the camera on the adults in your life to capture how they are responding to this time.
Your challenge is to create a Parent Portrait!
Here’s Vikram (a ThinkArts teaching artist) to tell you about it
1. To begin, you need to start by interviewing your parent or carer. Sit them down and ask them 3 questions.
– What have they noticed themselves doing more than usual during COVID-19? And why?
– What are they most worried about at the moment?
– What have they learnt about themselves during COVID-19?
2. Pick the answer that intrigues you the most and think about how you could take a photo that captures your adult in that moment or feeling?
3. Make sure everything in the photo is exactly the way you want it to be – that your adult is dressed correctly, facing the right way and have all the props you need.
4. Once you’re happy with the set-up of your moment, take your photo!
5. Submit your portrait to the online gallery!
If you have any questions or queries contact us at [email protected]!