BARKING GECKO THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS
BY FINEGAN KRUCKEMEYER
DIRECTED BY MATT EDGERTON
Mr. Smith yelled at the doctor,
“What have you done to my boy?
He’s not flesh and blood,
he’s aluminum alloy!”
If you could make your very own robot what would it be like? Would it beep or beatbox? Walk or roll? Make friends or make things blow up?
Get ready for an exciting new play starring a real robot onstage!
This sparky new show has been created with the help of the robot boffins at the University of Western Australia, our brilliant friends at Scitech and a zappy group of Little Gecko roboticists. The result is a very human tale about someone that isn’t.
Written by award winning children’s author Finegan Kruckemeyer this play will be the first of it’s kind in Western Australia to incorporate a robot performing alongside humans. Join us on a journey into the future of theatre and take a glimpse at the world the way it might be in just a few years time.
A brand new story about a human who makes a machine, and a machine who makes itself human. Anything could happen. And anything will!
Suits: Ages 4 – 10 years (school years K – 4)
Duration: 50 minutes (no interval)
Studio Underground, State Theatre Centre of WA
10 November, 2017 - 25 November, 2017MORE INFO / BUY TICKETS
- 10 Nov 10:00am Preview – 1 (Schools and General Public)
- 10-Nov 1pm Preview – 2 (Schools and General Public)
- 14-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 14-Nov 1pm Schools and General Public Matinee
- 15-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee with post-performance Q&A
- 16-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 16-Nov 1pm Schools and General Public Matinee with post-performance Q&A
- 17-Nov 12pm Schools and General Public Matinee
- 21-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 21-Nov 1pm Schools Matinee and General Public
- 22-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee with post-performance Q&A
- 23-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 23-Nov 1pm Schools Matinee and General Public with post-performance Q&A
- 24-Nov 12pm Schools Matinee and General Public
School Groups Ticket Prices
Students $15, groups minimum of 10 students.
One free teacher with every 10 students.
Writer Finegan Kruckemeyer
Director Matt Edgerton
Teacher’s resources are emailed after a confirmation of booking has been received.
Post performance Q&A are available after the following performances
- 15-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 16-Nov 1pm Schools and General Public Matinee
- 22-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 23-Nov 1pm Schools Matinee and General Public
Please contact us for more information about educators’ resources, Q&A sessions and workshops that support this show.