BARKING GECKO THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS
BY FINEGAN KRUCKEMEYER
DIRECTED BY MATT EDGERTON
This page is for teachers if you’re looking for general information about My Robot, go here.
When Ophelia moves with her family to the seaside, she’s not impressed. She doesn’t like the beach, misses her old home and thinks the people in this town are pretty strange. While unpacking her room she discovers a mysterious box full of gadgets, parts and pieces, and a strange note that reads ‘You. Make. Me.’ Her curiosity gets the better of her and she spends all night assembling the objects into Olivetti, a robot with a typewriter chest and an alarm clock heart. Made up of pieces, but more than the sum of his parts.
Together Ophelia and Olivetti take on the local bully and make friends with a child so worried about allergies that he never leaves the house, all while trying to keep her dad from discovering that Olivetti is really a robot. But a bigger challenge is coming – can the pair save their friend and reunite him with his mother?
My Robot takes audiences on a rambunctious adventure filled with robot antics, laughter, daring rescues and bewildered parents, all told with the care and artistry synonymous with Barking Gecko’s award winning shows. Children will discover that we’re all just made from pieces, and that when we feel less than whole we can find – or make – a part that fits!
SUITS AUDIENCES: 4 – 10 AND THEIR GROWN UPS (SCHOOL YEARS K – 4)
DURATION: 50 MINUTES (NO INTERVAL)
WHEN: 11 – 25 NOVEMBER, 2017
WHERE: STUDIO UNDERGROUND, STATE THEATRE CENTRE OF WA.
SCHOOL GROUP BOOKINGS: CONTACT BARKING GECKO DIRECTLY VIA EMAIL OR CALL 08 6212 9399
Studio Underground, State Theatre Centre of WA
10 November, 2017 - 25 November, 2017MORE INFO / BUY TICKETS
- 10 Nov 10:00am Preview – 1 (Schools and General Public) – SOLD OUT
- 10-Nov 1pm Preview – 2 (Schools and General Public) – SOLD OUT
- 14-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 14-Nov 1pm Schools and General Public Matinee
- 15-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee with post-performance Q&A
- 16-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee – SOLD OUT
- 16-Nov 1pm Schools and General Public Matinee with post-performance Q&A
- 17-Nov 12pm Schools and General Public Matinee
- 21-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 21-Nov 1pm Schools Matinee and General Public – SOLD OUT
- 22-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee with post-performance Q&A
- 23-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee – SOLD OUT
- 23-Nov 1pm Schools Matinee and General Public with post-performance Q&A
- 24-Nov 12pm Schools Matinee and General Public
School Groups Ticket Prices
Students $15, groups minimum of 10 students.
One free teacher with every 10 students.
Playwright Finegan Kruckemeyer
Director & Dramaturg Matt Edgerton
Designer Isla Shaw
Lighting Designer Chris Donnelly
Composer & Sound Designer James Luscombe
Robot Designer Steve Berrick
Production Manager Michael Maclean
Stage Manager Emily Stokoe
Costume Coordinator Nicole Marrington
Set Construction Onstage Arts
Scenic Artist Ruby Smedley
Ophelia Arielle Gray
Dad, Otis, Orson, Ms Ogilvie St John Cowcher
Olivetti the Robot Sarah Nelson
Teacher’s resources are emailed after a confirmation of booking has been received.
Post performance Q&A are available after the following performances
- 15-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 16-Nov 1pm Schools and General Public Matinee
- 22-Nov 10:00am Schools Matinee
- 23-Nov 1pm Schools Matinee and General Public
Please contact us for more information about educators’ resources, Q&A sessions and workshops that support this show.