Posted by manager
WHAT IS FRESH INK?
FRESH INK is Australian Theatre For Young People’s national mentoring program that has supported more than 50 playwrights over the last four years. FRESH INK is the only program of its kind in Australia. Barking Gecko Theatre Company are proud to partner with ATYP to bring FRESH INK to WA.
The program is designed to create opportunities for committed and talented playwrights to help bridge the gap into professional practice.
The program pairs emerging playwrights with a mentor for a series of workshops that will result in a 15 minute three person script delivered for rehearsal with professional actors and a 30 minute script that will be rehearsed with a professional cast.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
WA Mentor: Will O’Mahony
Throughout the program participants will:
- Attend a pre-arranged workshop session once a month with their mentor for 6 hours
- Meet once a month independently of their mentor for at least 3 hours
- Work with external directors and guests to widen networks and build skills
- Deliver a 15 minute play for up to 3 characters in July which is then rehearsed with professional actors
- Deliver a 30 minute play for 4 characters in November that will be rehearsed and performed by professional actors for an invited audience
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS GET?
- Mentoring across the year by an industry professional – Will O’Mahony in WA
- A complimentary subscription provided by AUSTRALIANPLAYS.ORG for the period of the mentorship
- The opportunity to work with professional actors and directors
- Several opportunities to showcase their work to invited audiences
HOW DO I APPLY?
To be eligible participants will need to:
- Be aged 18-26
- Have some experience in the past with playwriting
- Be available to meet the time commitments (briefly outlined above) between April and November 2017.
You can apply online here: http://www.atyp.com.au/2017-fresh-ink-mentoring-application-form
Fees and Scholarships
Please note that there is a $400 participation fee for this program. ATYP offers scholarship places for those who could not participate otherwise, please get in touch for a scholarship application form.
Applications are due on the 27th of March at 9am.